Administration & Finance
The Village Office, located at 571 Main Street (corner of Main and Paine Streets) is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Staff is available to answer questions and provide assistance. Application forms for Village services or permits are available on the website or at the office. Notary Public services, Village maps, garbage tags ($5 each) and recycling bins ($12 each) are available at the office.
The Village Office is the informational center of Village government. The financial records, water bills, taxes, fees, payroll, budgeting, records management, applications and permits, local laws, maps, tax rolls, voting records, birth and death records, and minutes are all either created, maintained, processed, inventoried, updated, collected or distributed from this office.
You can download a copy of the Village Fee Schedule which list fees for various services, applications and permits. All fees are collected at the Village Clerk-Treasurer's Office.
Click on the name below to send an email or call our office at 716-652-6000. The staff of the Village Office includes:
- Cathie Thomas — Village Administrator
- The Village Administrator is responsible for the overall management of Village affairs. She also serves as Budget Officer and Affirmative Action Officer. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, grants administration, personnel and employee relations.
- Maureen Jerackas — Village Clerk-Treasurer
- The Village Clerk-Treasurer as Chief Fiscal Officer is responsible for the day to day financial management of village. That includes overseeing accounts payable, payroll and utility billing operations. The Clerk also serves as the Registrar of Vital Records, Records Management Officer and Village Election Officer. Additional duties include the administration of local laws, minutes and Village Code updates.
- Mary Ann Arnold — Deputy Clerk-Treasurer
- The Deputy Clerk-Treasurer serves as assistant to Village Clerk-Treasurer. Responsibilities include payroll processing and related reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Jessica Taneff — Deputy Clerk
- The Deputy Clerk is responsible for the processing and billing of tax bills, along with the collection of tax and water payments. She serves as assistant to the Village Clerk-Treasurer and Building Inspector, as well as Secretary to Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and other duties as assigned. Ms. Taneff is also the Deputy Registrar for Vital Records.
The Village staff is committed to serving the residents of East Aurora and will do its best to answer your questions and provide you with information. Please see the directory for a list of phone numbers.
Village offices are closed on the following holidays:
|New Years Day||Labor Day|
|Martin Luther King Day||Columbus Day|
|Presidents' Day||Veterans' Day|
|Good Friday||Thanksgiving Day|
|Memorial Day||Day After Thanksgiving|
|Independence Day||Christmas Day|